Archive for the ‘meeting’ Tag
The next Ka Lahui Hawaii meeting is on June 4, 2016, from 10:30am – 2:30pm at Hale Ponoi, DHHL, 91-5420 Kapolei Parkway, Kapolei, Hawaii 96707.
Citizens are working on projects including citizen engagement, finalization of the enrollment form, and preparation for education.
Kawika Nahoopii and his education team had an information table at the Aha Aloha Aina held at the Waianae District Park on March 19 and it went very well. Kawika reported that lots of people were glad to see Ka Lahui Hawaii active again. Many wanted to check if they were still registered and Kawika got some updated contact info. He also shared that people were appreciative and proud to be Ka Lahui Hawaii citizens.
Healani Sonoda-Pale traveled to Washington, DC, to present concerns in writing to the US Department of Interior. She carried a three-page letter under Protest Nai Aupuni’s letterhead. The video of her experience may be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOw4NLSUukE
Previous kiaaina and TV show host Mililani Trask invited Healani and Lehua Kinilau to speak on this month’s “First Friday” show. If you missed it, tune in to OLELO-TV Oceanic Cable Channel 53. “First Friday” is scheduled to re-air at 7 p.m. on Friday, April 8, 15, 22, and 29. Please check program listings.
The meeting planned for May 7 will be after the Hawaii State legislative session adjourns, so a report will be provided. We’ve discussed a large gathering for the summer or fall, which requires continued engagement and outreach.
Posted by Lehua Kinilau
Lehua Kinilau asks that citizens review the websites and information below prior to Sunday’s meeting so we can get through the items earlier in the day and allow more time for discussion later in the day.
Ka Lahui Hawaii Citizens Meeting
Sunday, March 6, 2016 – 10:30 a.m.
UH Manoa Center for Hawaiian Studies
Kamakakuokalani Bldg. Room 202
Pule – Honor Our Kupuna Who Have Passed and most recently Alika Lambert
I. Proposed USDOI Rule – Update on Comment Review and Report (10:30 a.m. – 10:40 a.m.)
II. Na`i Aupuni/Aha (10:40 a.m. – 11 a.m.)
- A. KLH Leadership Response re: KLH Constitution dated 2/9/16
- B. Daily bulletins on aha2016.com
- C. Constitution of the Native Hawaiian Nation
- D. Declaration of the Sovereignty of the Native Hawaiian Nation
- E. Video at http://olelo.granicus.com/ViewPublisher.php?view_id=23
III. KPAC Report (11 a.m. – 11:20 a.m.)
- A. Testimony Submitted Comments on HB1655 (OHA bill), Oppose HB2046 (Army), Oppose HB2197 (Pohakuloa), Oppose HB2407 (DOT), Oppose HB2408 (DOT), Oppose HB2200 (Kahoolawe), Support HB2698 (DHHL), Oppose HB2501/SB3001 (Water), and Support HB1932/SB3029 (DHHL).
- B. Matrix of Legislative Bills
- C. Website created – kalahuihawaiipoliticactioncommittee.org
IV. `Aha Aloha `Aina (11:20 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.)
- A. Updates and Declarations on Website – ahaalohaaina.com
- B. Facebook groups by Kino
V. Next Steps for Ka Lahui Hawai`i (11:30 a.m. – 11:40 a.m.)
- A. KLH Documents
- B. Update on Citizen Engagement
VI. Enrollment (11:40 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.)
VII. Discussion on Federal Recognition (12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.)
VIII. Announcements – Next Meeting on April 3
Adjournment & Pule
Posted by Rebekah
A Ka Lāhui Hawai‘i Citizens Meeting with three past Kiaʻāina: Mililani Trask, Black Hoʻohuli, and Lehua Kinilau is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Saturday, February 6, 2016, at Kamakakūokalani Building, Room 101, UH Mānoa Center for Hawaiian Studies.
Posted by Healani Sonoda-Pale via Facebook
- O‘ahu Caucus
- Military Downsizing